Areas of Practice
2009 Master of Dispute Resolution, University of Technology Sydney
1997 Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice, University of South Australia
1996 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Adelaide
1994 Bachelor of Economics, University of Adelaide
Anthony has broad legal and commercial experience having worked as a litigator at Finlaysons (Allens Arthur Robinson Group), a solicitor at Redfern Legal Centre, and as an in house lawyer at Shell, Sydney Airport, BlueScope Steel, Lynas and Adbri.
Since coming to the Bar, Anthony’s appearances have included:
- Jamison 17 Pty Ltd v Jaynick Pty Ltd (decision reserved) – appeared for defendants in Supreme Court proceedings for alleged excessive use of easement.
- Tweed Shire Council v Cooke & ors (part heard) – proceedings for alleged unapproved developments. Land & Environment Court in Class 4.
- Neilson v Secretary, Department of Planning & Environment  NSWLEC 32 – application for mandamus to compel Secretary to maintain roads in a national park. Land & Environment Court in Class 4.
- Tayyar v Bayside Council  NSWLEC 1192 – s34AA proceedings for residential subdivision in Land & Environment Court in Class 1
- The Griffith Hotel Pty Ltd v Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority  NSWSC 1520 – application for consolidation of proceedings.
- Trevenar Pty Ltd v Canterbury-Bankstown Council  NSWLEC 1680 – appeal for consent for subdivision for apartment development – Land & Environment Court in Class 1.
- Hy-Tec Industries Pty Ltd v Parramatta City Council  NSWLEC 1041 – expedited appeal for development consent for concrete plant – Land & Environment Court in Class 1.
- Misthold Pty Ltd v NSW Historic Sites and Railway Heritage Company Pty Ltd (No 2)  NSWSC 561 – lease, contract, misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Bingo Holdings Pty Ltd v GC Group Company Pty Ltd  NSWCA 184 – leave to plead apportionable claim without identifying a particular concurrent wrongdoer.
- Collins v Insurance Australia Ltd  NSWDC 371 – motor vehicle accident, and contributory negligence.
- El Rihani v Hotait (No 2)  FCA 375 – dispute about construction of deeds relating to business separation.
- Jamison 17 Pty Ltd v Jaynick Pty Ltd – Supreme Court (unpublished 2021) – contempt.
As a solicitor, Anthony dealt with:
- Compulsory acquisition of Rosehill concrete plant site by Sydney Metro West.
- Supreme Court proceedings for relief against forfeiture in respect of leased quarry land.
- Opal Tower disputes.
- Land & Environment Court proceedings against EPA in Class 1 and Class 4 for an order setting aside variation of the Environment Protection Licence for a quarry.
- Compulsory acquisition of Auburn concrete plant by RMS for West Connex.
- Land & Environment Court appeal in Class 1 for development consent for concrete plant in Rosehill.
- Land & Environment Court proceedings in Class 4 to extend a time-limited consent.
- Actual or threatened regulatory action by the EPA, councils and other regulators.
- Industrial Relations Court of NSW criminal prosecutions following fatalities.
- Industrial Relations Court of NSW appearances on disputes with lorry owner drivers.
- Appearances in Magistrates Court proceedings to recover defrauded funds.
- Defect claims including appearances in District Court, Local Court and NCAT.
- Preference claims and other insolvency matters.
- District Court defamation proceedings for Channel 7 (Today Tonight).
- Federal Court proceedings relating to the Henschke and Koppamurra trade marks.
- Federal Court proceedings for HSBC on Bond matters.